- Ultrasonic Technology uses high-frequency vibrations to turn water into a micro-fine mist where it is blown into the room to evaporate immediately.
- Four Stage Microorganism Control
- The plastic housing is treated with Ionic Silver Technology inhibiting microbial growth on its surface.
- Includes the patented Ionic Silver Stick® that forms aqueous silver ions to prevent and control microbial growth for up to one year of continuous use. No chemicals to add that can be emitted into the room.
- The ultrasonic system, with its high-frequency vibrations, destroys most bacteria and viruses.
- Includes a large, replaceable demineralization cartridge with silver treated housing to keep the surface of the cartridge germ and bacteria free.
- No white dust is produced. The powerful demineralization cartridge removes minerals and lime scale from the water.
- Pre-heating function heats water to 176°F before entering the nebulizer chamber. This kills microorganisms and allows the mist to exit the humidifier at a comfortable 104°F, preventing a drop in room temperature.
- Electronic digital display and controls has several unique functions:
- Timer function for 1 to 8 hrs of operation or continuous mode.
- Cleaning Indicator provides an illuminated light to remind you when to check the cleanliness of the unit.
- Automatic Mode provides the ideal air humidity relative to the room temperature by regulating the output based on the selected humidity level.
- Sleep Mode sets the humidity level to 60% and the operating time to 8 hours and turns on the pre-heating function. The output quantity is also regulated based on the difference between the actual and selected humidity values.
- Variable low to high mist output control and rotating outlet for directing the mist.
- Built in Hygrostat allows you to set the desired humidity level. Humidifier switches off automatically when the selected humidity level is reached.
- Easy maintenance. Every two weeks, or as needed depending on use, check for deposit buildup. A simple solution of white vinegar and water will remove any deposits and the included bristle brush is used to clean around the vibrating membrane.
- Can be operated in continuous mode for not stop humidification.
- Industrial strength, non wear Titanium ultrasonic membrane for long life.
- Demineralization cartridge can be replaced or refilled with resin for more economical operating costs.
- Water reservoir empty indicator light.
- Optional cool or warm humidification.
- Ultra quiet operation, less than 25dBA.
- Recommended for rooms up to 650 square feet.
- Power Cord Length: 79".
- Power Consumption: 45 watts, 140 watts pre-heating mode.
- Water Capacity: 1.75 gallons.
- Output: up to 3.5 gallons per day.
- Weight Empty: 7.7 lbs.
- Dimensions: 15"l x 8.7"w x 13.8"h.
- UL listed.
- Warranty: 3years.
Air-O-Swiss Ultrasonic Humidifiers
The Air-O Swiss Humidifiers have addressed the problems with conventional humidifiers to produce a highly efficient, cost effective and low maintenance product.
Main Features of the Air-O-Swiss Humidifier System
Ultrasonic Humidification - very efficient technology that doesn't lose performance with increasing room humidity. Starts working immediately when unit is turned on.
No Large Fans - a small ultra quiet fan is used and creates no uncomfortable air drafts or noise.
Four Stage Microorganism Control - microbial growth in the water chamber is controlled with a patented silver ion technology system which uses no chemical additives. The ultrasonic technology and pre-heating to 180°F also kills bacteria and viruses, reducing microorganisms. (no pre-heating on model 7145). Lastly, the plastic housing and demineralization cartridge is treated with Ionic Silver Technology inhibiting microbial growth on its surface.
White Dust Prevention - units use a powerful demineralization cartridge.
Low Operating Cost - choose between energy-saving normal mode or preheating mode. Energy consumption is much lower than steam type humidifiers. Demineralization cartridges can be replaced or refilled to reduce costs.
Low Maintenance - no heavy scraping of heating elements, cleaning of fans, or replacement of slimy wicks.
How It Works
The Air-O-Swiss Room Humidifier System works by Ultrasonic Humidification. Water from the Removable Water Reservoir first travels through a Dimineralization Cartridge. The granules within the cartridge remove minerals from the water that can produce "white dust" in the room and also prevents lime scale build-up within the humidifier, making cleaning a simple task. White dust is caused when minerals are carried into the room air from a humidifier and precipitates out when the water vapor evaporates. After leaving the Dimineralization Cartridge, the water travels to the base of the unit where it contacts the patented Ionic Silver Stick®. The Ionic Silver Stick® releases silver ions to kill bacteria and viruses within the water and maintain constant water purity. If the pre-heating option was selected, the water will be heated to 176°F. The water within the base then travels to the Nebulizer Chamber and contacts the Ultrasonic Vibrator, which creates high frequency oscillations to transform the water in the base into a micro-fine mist. The Ultra-Quiet Fan pushes air into the Nebulizer Chamber where the air and micro-fine mist mix together. The air continues up the Evaporation Chamber and is released into the room where the water vapor fully evaporates immediately to release moisture and increase the relative humidity of the room.
Large Digital LED Display - Provides the numerical value of the relative humidity in a room. Accurate to 5%.
On/Off Switch - Press the switch to turn the unit on/off.
Auto/Sleep Mode - Activate the Auto or Sleep mode by pressing the button. Automatic Mode provides the ideal air humidity relative to the room temperature by regulating the output based on the selected humidity level. Sleep Mode sets the humidity level to 60% and the operating time to 8 hours and turns on the pre-heating function. The output quantity is also regulated based on the difference between the actual and selected humidity values.
Hygrostat Humidity Control - Press the button several times to select the humidity level. The selected level is displayed numerically and can be set between 40% to 75%. As soon as the room humidity exceeds the selected setting, the unit shuts off automatically. Continue to press the button for continuous humidification.
Pre-Heating Option - Pressing the pre-heat control button will heat the water to 176°F before it reaches the nebulizer chamber. The pre-heat indicator light will illuminate.
Mist Output Control - Mist output is controlled by pressing the button several times. The output setting is shown as a bar scale next to the numerical humidity level.
Timer Control - Press the button to set the humidifier to operate from 1 to 9 hours or on continuous operation.
Cleaning Indicator - This symbol comes on every 2 weeks, depending on the level of use. It is a reminder to check the unit for deposit build-up and does not actually monitor the unit's cleanliness. Indicator display light can be cancelled.
Empty Indicator - As soon as the water level sensor indicates the water reservoir is empty, the unit shuts off the ultrasonic vibrator disc and a red empty indicator light turns on.
Ionic Silver Stick
The Ionic Silver Stick® is placed within the base of the humidifier where it continuously contacts the water. Silver ions are released into the water at a safe maintained concentration to eliminate over 650 types of bacteria and viruses. No dangerous chemical additives are needed in the water that can be evaporated into the room air. Economical microorganism control is maintained for 1 year.
The dimineralization cartridge removes the minerals in the water to prevent "white dust" in the room. White dust is caused when minerals are carried into the room air from a humidifier and precipitates out when the water vapor evaporates. The cartridge also helps prevent lime scale build-up inside the humidifier. This allows the humidifier to operate at peak performance continuously unlike steam and wick type humidifiers that lose performance when scale builds up on their elements. The reduction of scale build-up inside the Air-O-Swiss humidifier minimizes maintenance and cleaning requirements. Depending on the water condition, cartridges last 2-3 months and can be replaced as a complete unit or they can be refilled for more economical and environmentally sensitive replacement.
Water conditions will dictate the amount of maintenance and cleaning required. Using hard water with a lot of minerals will require more frequent demineralization cartridge changes and unit cleaning. The design and features of the Air-O-Swiss Humidifier provides a system that requires much less maintenance and has lower operating costs when compared to other humidifier systems.
- Every two weeks check the unit base for any deposits. Clean any deposits around the titanium disc with the provided brush. Use a mixture of white vinegar and warm water in a 1:2 ratio to help remove deposits.
- Replace the demineralization cartridge every 2-3 months, depending on water conditions. More frequent changes may be needed for hard water (high mineral content) conditions.
- Replace the Ionic Silver Stick® once a year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why isn’t there enough moisture in my room?
A. How often do you run the unit? If the unit is only run at night, then during the day the moisture level will drop if moisture is not constantly added to the air. Do you leave your door open or closed when the unit is running?
By leaving the door open, this allows moisture to leave the room and go into other areas of the house. If you would like the moisture to stay within one specific room you should consider closing the door while the unit is running.
Wood, leather, carpet, curtains, and other types of fabric soak up a lot of moisture, thus not leaving enough moisture for the air. If the window is left open, then this allows moisture to escape the room. Another factor is a lot of times the unit is placed next to a heating device. The idea is that the air blowing into the room will quickly place moisture around the room. Unfortunately, this concept does not work because the hot air coming out of a vent will soak up most of the moisture, and none of the air within the room will receive any.
Q. How much moisture do I need in my room?
A. Suggested humidity levels are between 40 – 60%.
Q. What are the effects of too little or too much humidity?
A. Dry air can cause dry skin, static electricity, out of tune musical instruments, increased levels of dust (dry air causes dust to rise), damage to wooden objects (dry out and eventually cracks appear), discomfort, sickness, and dries out nasal membranes. Over-humidifying the air can cause mold and wallpaper to peel.
Q. Why does it say open/close on the demineralization cartridge cap?
A. Those directions are there in case you decide to use the refill option to replace the granules; the purpose is for how to open and close the cap. If you did open the cap before placing it in the water tank, you will most likely notice that there are granules in the water tank and the base of the unit. Immediately turn off the unit, and empty the water out of the base and the water tank. Begin removing all granules from base and water tank. Use brush to clean around membrane. Caution: Do not dispose of granules in sink! Used granules must go in waste!
Q. I just replaced my cartridge, and the contents and water in the base has turned a blue-green color.
A. This sometimes occurs when the cartridge, or even the granules, are replaced. This does not occur with all replacement cartridges or granules, and is a reaction of water content and the Ultrasonic vibrations. This is not an indicator to replace the cartridge.
Q. There is no fill-line on the water tank, how far may I fill it up?
A. There is no fill line on the water tank, and it may be filled all the way to the top.
Q. What is the purpose of the demineralization cartridge (DMC)?
A. The DMC removes minerals from the water to prevent white dust as much as possible. The contents of the cartridge need to be soaked for 24 hrs prior to first using the unit so that they may fully expand and remove minerals from the water. The contents of the DMC have a life of 2 – 3 months. The cartridge may need to be replaced more often depending on water hardness and how often the unit is used. An indication of when the DMC needs to be changed can be white dust or reduced amount of mist output.
Q. Is it ok to use distilled water with the unit?
A. Yes, it is fine to use distilled water with the unit. If distilled water is used, it will prolong the life of the DMC.
Q. I just replaced the contents of the cartridge and now have granules everywhere.
A. First, make sure there are no granules in the middle of the cartridge. Placing granules in the middle of the DMC allows them to escape everywhere. Immediately turn off the unit, and empty the water out of the base and the water tank. Begin removing all granules from base and water tank. Use brush to clean around membrane. For refilling the DMC, wad a piece of paper or paper towel and place in the middle of the DMC. For placing granules in the cartridge, a suggestion is to use a spoon so that no granules get in the middle of the cartridge. Caution: Do not dispose of granules in sink! Used granules must go in waste!
Q. The directions tell me not to place the unit directly on the floor, why do I have to elevate the unit?
A. The idea with this unit is to allow one to force more humidity into the air than is needed. Because of this, the carpeting or wood floor surrounding the unit may become damp. If the unit is placed at least 2 feet off the floor, the mist will have the opportunity to evaporate before hitting the floor.