- DC Input.
- 3 Way Switch - high, normal, off.
- Lens Enclosure.
- Optimum Charge Level Indicator.
- Wind-Up Fold Out Handle.
- Wall mounted transparent cabinet houses a bank of 3 X-Ray model wind-up, rechargeable flashlights.
- Splash proof design, flashlight will work in rainy conditions.
- Suitable for home, office or commercial use.
- Simple, rugged, stylish and reliable light is ready anytime, anywhere.
- A constant trickle charge from the AC wall adapter keeps flashlights ready. Green LED on flashlight illuminates when charging.
- In a power failure, an Ultra Bright red LED flashing beacon is activated to help locate the unit in the dark.
- Two light brightness levels - normal for low energy use, Ultra-Bright for light demanding tasks.
- Self-sufficient, wind-up power charges on-board rechargeable battery.
- A cluster of 7 Ultra Bright white 5mm LEDs provide high lighting performance and last up to 100,000 hrs.
- LED charge indicator tells you the optimum winding speed.
- 6V 100mA AC/DC adapter included for household charging.
- Includes mounting template for hole locations and mounting hardware.
- Rechargeable Battery: 3.6V NiMH battery pack.
- AC/DC Adapter Charge Time: 24 hrs. after full discharge.
- Shine Time:
- Fully Charged - 20hrs. normal beam.
- Fully Charged - 3 hrs. 30 min. ultra-bright.
- 30 Second Wind - 20 min. normal beam.
- Color: red.
- Flashlight Dimensions: 2.1"h x 2.4"w x 6.3"l.
- Cabinet Dimensions: 9"h x 9.4"w x 3.2"d.
- Flashlight Weight: 13 oz.
- Cabinet Weight: 4.4 lbs. with flashlights.
- Warranty: 2 years for defects in materials or workmanship.
About the Sherpa LED Flashlight Light Center
Guaranteed light when the power fails, the Light Center provides the ultimate independent lighting solution for emergency and everyday situations. The Light Center is a wall-mounted cabinet housing a bank of 3 Freeplay self-charge and rechargeable Sherpa LED flashlights. The cabinet is visually unobtrusive, equally at home in a residential, office, commercial or industrial environment. The flashlights are always visible through a transparent window, constantly reinforcing awareness of the contents and function of the unit.
The Light Center is connected to an AC wall adapter, which provides a constant trickle charge to the array of flashlights. This ensures an optimum charge to the internal batteries of the flashlights at all times. Each flashlight is equipped with a green LED that illuminates when charging.
In the event of a power outage, the magnetically latched door releases easily by pulling the handle, allowing extraction of the flashlights inside– ready for immediate use. Upon resumption of normal power the flashlights are returned to the cabinet to be charged, ready for the next emergency.
The Freeplay Sherpa LED flashlight epitomizes the dependability to the Freeplay flashlight range. This compact and robust flashlight incorporates failsafe Freeplay self-charge technology and recharge ability together with the reliability of ultra-bright white Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs). The LEDs provide excellent brightness, efficiency and shine time with their longevity providing the peace of mind of never needing to ever replace bulbs again. Ideal for both every day and emergency use the Sherpa LED is designed to be a serious tool, the self-charge system offering maximum dependability for those times when you can’t afford to be left in the dark by dead batteries.
A quick wind of about 60 seconds gives approximately 30 minutes of light on normal beam and you can rewind at any time for as much shine-time as you want. An LED charge level indicator tells you the optimal winding speed. Offering a choice of 2 brightness settings (economy or maximum brightness) allows you to choose the light setting according to your needs to extend shine times in self-charge or external charge modes. A switch mode power supply drives the LED cluster at a constant brightness, providing a high quality, reliable beam in either economy or maximum brightness settings.
The Sherpa LED is rechargeable and, fully charged, the flashlight provides up to 3 hours 20 minutes of ultra bright light, and 20 hours of normal light (economy setting). Internal mechanical components are specified to industrial standards for repeated use and long life.
The Light Center provides an ideal housing for the Sherpa LED, ensuring that it’s always available and ready to use– at your convenience or in an emergency you’ve got dependable light anytime, anywhere.
- The Light Center has been designed to be an unobtrusive addition to the home, office, garage or workplace, while the green charging LEDs provide a constant reassurance of the availability of reliable light for any situation.
- The transparent cabinet lid lets you see at a glance whether all of your Sherpa LEDs are in place and on charge – and not misplaced somewhere in a toolbox or under the kids bed where you’ll have to scratch for them when you really need them.
- The Light Center contains 3 flashlights, ideal for the average family – mom, dad and the kids.
- Green energy - a sustainable solution that’s built to last. The power mechanism is tested to 500000 input cycles, and the LEDs are rated up to 100000 hours (which is 11 years of continuous use, 24 hours a day).
- The Sherpa LED flashlights will always be optimally charged, providing up to 20 hours of light from the initial charge – several days of use in an extended weather emergency or blackout.
- When your batteries run out and you need to wind for power, the Freeplay self-charge mechanism converts over 74% of your kinetic energy into stored electricity.
- A constant brightness means dependable beam quality that does not fade away as the batteries get flatter.
- The plastic molding and rubberized lens enclosure and body panels make it easy to carry and use when it is cold.
- Bright red beacon during power failures
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery built into each flashlight
- Built-in crank means never running out of light even if the power outage is very long
- Choice of energy-saving and full-power settings
- Up to 20 hours of continuous shine time
- Ultra bright white LED cluster with a 100 000 hour life
- Splash resistant
- Non-slip rubber grip
The unit is connected to an AC wall adapter which provides a constant trickle charge to the array of flashlights. This ensures an optimum charge to the internal batteries of the flashlights at all times. Each flashlight is equipped with a green LED that illuminates when charging.Power Failure
In the event of loss of power to the Light Center an ultra bright red LED beacon is activated, pin-pointing the location of the unit. The magnetically latched door releases easily by pulling the handle, allowing extraction of the flashlights inside, which are ready for immediate use. Upon resumption of normal power the flashlights are returned to the cabinet to be charged, ready for the next emergency.Self-Charge
The self-charge system offers maximum dependability for those times when you can't afford to be left in the dark by dead batteries. The winder can be cranked in both directions and the harder you crank, the more energy you create. A crank level LED indicates the optimum winding speed.
The three flashlights housed in the Light Center are Freeplay Sherpa LED flashlights. When fully charged these flashlights provide up to 20 hours of shine time. In periods of extended power outage, they can be cranked to extend shine time with a further 20 minutes per 30-second crank. The LED's have up to 100000 hours of life and never require replacement.
The Freeplay self-charge system is built around a custom designed, highly efficient alternator. The architecture of this patented system has been developed to maximize the ability of the user to convert human mechanical energy into stored electricity quickly and efficiently.
While the basis of Freeplay's superiority lies in the performance of this system, Freeplay has extended the engineering excellence to every aspect of the Sherpa LED.Power supply
3 Freeplay Self-Sufficient LED FlashlightsDimensions
130 x 240 x 82 mm (9 x 9.4 x 3.2 inches)Weight
2.0 kg (4.4 lbs) including flashlightsSelf-charge
AC alternator driven by the crank via a transmissionRechargeable battery
3.6V Ni-MH battery packLight source
5mm ultra bright white LED cluster containing 7 LEDsShine time
Fully charged battery: 20 hours (energy saving), or 3 hours 20 minutes (ultra bright).
30-second wind: 20 minutes (energy saving).
Q. Do I need to do anything before I use it?
A. For best results, the battery requires a conditioning charge before first use, or after long periods without use. This can be done by administering several vigorous 30-second wind cycles. Alternatively this can be done by fully charging the battery using the wall adapter (if you have one). The product can, however, be used immediately in the wind-up mode if required.
Q. How do I change the light bulb?
A. The light is an LED (light-emitting diode) with up to 100000 hours of useful life and never requires replacement.
Q. How long will a fully charged battery retain its charge?
A. The battery will retain about 75% of its capacity after 1 month, 55% after 2 months, 40% after 3 months and 15% after 6 months.
Q. Can I over-wind the unit - does it ever stop you from winding?
A. No, you cannot over-wind the internal mechanism. It consists of simple gearing which drives the alternator, providing power to the internal battery.
Q. Will I damage the product if I crank the handle in the opposite direction?
A. No, the winder handle can be cranked in both directions.
Q. Is the product waterproof?
A. No, it is not waterproof. It is splash proof and will work in rainy conditions.
Q. How long should my Sherpa LED shine for?
A. With a fully charged battery the Sherpa LED will shine for approximately 20 hours in energy saving mode, or 3 hours 20 minutes at full power. A 30-second wind will provide about 20 minutes of shine time in energy saving mode, if the winder handle is cranked at the optimum speed. This will be achieved as soon as the green charge level indicator next to the winder handle illuminates.
Q. How long does it take to fully charge the battery?
A. Using the wall adapter, it will take about 24 hours to fully charge the battery. Or using the crank, it will take about 40 minutes, if you constantly wind at the optimum speed as indicated by the green charge level indicator.
Q. The battery doesn't hold a charge any more; do I need to replace it?
A. Rechargeable batteries deteriorate over time, especially if drained nearly completely (to extend the life of your battery, limit how often that happens). However, in many cases they can be "conditioned" back to life. This can be done by administering several vigorous 30-second wind cycles. Alternatively this can be done by letting the product run from the battery until it stops, and then, with the product turned off, fully charging it using the wall adapter.