- 3-in-1 detector.
- Senses dangerous levels of Carbon Monoxide, Propane, and Methane Gas.
- Two independent 85dB alarm sounds, one for CO, the other for methane/liquid propane.
- Every Detector has computerized calibration to help eliminate false alarms.
- Built-in self-diagnostics assures the unit is operating properly.
- Easily plugs into any standard 110-120v AC electrical outlet and consumes only 15 watts.
- Samples the air every 2-1/2 minutes for carbon monoxide and continuously for combustible gas.
- Lock tab feature makes the detector tamper proof.
- Advanced surface mount circuitry increases reliability.
- 5 year warranty.
- Dimensions: 4.7" x 3.1" x 2.1".
- Product Weight 12 ounces.
- Made in the USA.
Indoor Pollutants Monitored
Carbon Monoxide (CO) - A colorless, odorless, highly toxic gas produced by incomplete combustion of carbon based fuels such as natural gas, charcoal, wood, coal, heating oil, kerosene, gasoline and propane. Many of these fuels can be found throughout the home in kitchen appliances, furnaces, water heaters, fireplaces, portable heaters, barbecue grills and automobiles. Carbon Monoxide is nearly impossible to detect without the use of sensing equipment. CO is absorbed into the bloodstream nearly 10 times faster than pure oxygen. It can limit the body's ability to absorb oxygen if present even in small amounts. Low concentrations of CO can cause fatigue and chest pain. High concentrations can cause headaches, nausea, impaired vision and coordination, flu like symptoms and in severe exposure, death.
Natural Gas (Methane) and LP Gas (Propane) - Disastrous explosions can occur from even the smallest leaks of combustible gases. These gases are used to fuel a variety of common appliances found in the home such as cooking appliances, hot water heaters, clothes dryers, portable space heaters and heating equipment.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission recommends that each household have at least one Carbon Monoxide detector placed in the sleeping areas of the home. The Safety Siren detects combustion gas and therefore a second detector located near appliances or equipment using combustible fuel is also recommended. The Safety Siren monitor plugs into a standard 110-volt AC household outlet. The unit should be oriented vertically and the ventilation slots must not be blocked as proper ventilation must be maintained through the unit. The unit must be kept dust free and a thorough vacuuming every 6 months is the only maintenance. Test unit monthly for normal operation.
- Carbon Monoxide sensor calibrated at 200 ppm carbon monoxide specific to avoid false alarms.
- Combustible gas (Methane/Propane) sensor alarm trip-point set at less than 25% lower explosive limit 3.8% by volume natural gas (Methane) in air, 2.1% by volume LP-gas (Propane) in air.
- Operating temperature 40°F to 100°F
- Carbon Monoxide audible alarm continuous 85dB at 10cm.
- Combustion gas audible alarm intermittent 85dB at 10cm.
- Visual alarm 3 second blinking rate for normal operation. Continuous red LED during alarm condition.
- Continuous green LED indicates power on.
- Test button verifies proper operation when unit in normal operation. Once in alarm mode the test button will rest audible alarm until next sampling.
- Designed to generate an alarm at the following carbon monoxide exposure levels as defined by Underwriters Laboratories (UL):
In less than 90 minutes at 0.01% CO (100ppm)
In less than 35 minutes at 0.02% CO (200ppm)
In less than 15 minutes at 0.04% CO (400ppm)
- This device may not alarm at low carbon monoxide levels. Individuals with a medical condition that desire detection below 100 ppm should consider a more sensitive device.