Penetrating Percussion Action
Thumper Massager designed and patented the original deep muscle percussion massagers for which they are world famous. Since 1974, Thumper massagers have been used by more professionals in more countries around the world than any other massager. Doctors, massage therapists, chiropractors, physiotherapists, nurses, conditioning coaches and professional athletes have all relied on the patented features and benefits of the Thumper family of professional massagers. All Thumper massagers for world wide use are still meticulously made in Ontario, Canada and are suitable for home or professional use.
- Two pulsating massage spheres help relieve pain, muscle tension and stress and improve blood circulation to the massage area.
- Dynamically balanced, percussive direct drive mechanism efficiently provides deep, muscle penetrating pulses of massage energy.
- Manufactured from heavy duty material such as steel, durable nylon and ABS plastic.
- Elongated and angled handle designed for one or two hand operation.
- Maintenance free permanently lubricated motor turns on sealed ball bearings.
- Powerful 1/4" percussive "up & down" stroke.
- Advanced electronic motor controller automatically adjusts motor power up or down 60 times per second to maintain pulse speed under varying loads. This provides for a steady and consistent massage experience.
- Fingertip three speed control allows a choice of power from 20 to 30 to 40 pulses per second (1,200/1,800/2,400 pulses per minute).
- Temperature overload and current overload protection ensures safe, long lasting operation.
- Lightweight and hand held so you can use it yourself.
- Designed for professional and household use.
- Power: 40 watts.
- Weight: 3.0 lbs.
- Power Cord Length: 12 ft.
- Dimensions: 13"l x 6"w x 5.5"h.
- UL/CSA/CE listed for safe operation.
- Made in Canada.
- 2 year warranty.
- Includes Educational DVD.
Benefits of Massage
- Provides a great way to relax and help alleviate musculoskeletal conditions.
- Dilates blood vessels improving blood circulation in targeted areas and throughout the body.
- Can help improve muscle tone and reduce muscular atrophy resulting from forced inactivity or injury.
- Provides a sedative or stimulating effect on the nervous system depending on type or length of massage.
- Helps to reduce Edema (swelling) of the extremities.
- Can help relieve muscle tension and mental stress to aid in a stress reduction and relaxation program.
- It makes you feel good!
Thumper Mini Pro2 massager comes with two anatomically correct and positioned massage spheres. Thumper directs the action of the massage spheres downward from the unit into the muscles. 95% of the output energy is transmitted to the massage spheres which move up and down a full 1/4" to penetrate deep down into muscle layers.
Recommended Strength Settings
The Thumper Mini Pro2 Massager can be used for continuous operation. However, using the massager for no longer than 20 minutes at one time with periods of 20 minutes rest will prolong the useful life of the unit. When being applied straight down over muscle tissue, it's own three pound weight supplies all the necessary force. Adding a small amount of force is acceptable, but going beyond 10lbs. additional force is actually counterproductive.
- High Strength - Dial power setting to #3 for large, thick muscle areas. Also when in a hurry for a less concentrated massage session.
- Medium Strength - Dial power setting to #2 for the most common use and a good starting point for the average person.
- Low Strength - Dial power setting to #1 for delicate, thin muscle areas. Also good for children and the elderly.
- Extra Low Strength - Massaging through a folded towel will reduce its impact even below the lowest power setting.
Precautions for Percussion Massagers
How to Get the Best Massage
- Use Thumper Massagers for one minute or less in each area you are massaging (repeat if desired). Can be used longer on the feet.
- Do not use on bones.
- If you are sensitive, take weight off and/or put a cushion between you and the massager.
- Do not use the massagers in an area that causes discomfort. You should always be relaxed and comfortable.
How the Thumper Massager is Different
- Thumpers are percussive. Thumpers offer steady, comfortable pulsations that penetrate through all the muscle layers even the thickest muscles releasing tension and fatigue. Thumpers do not vibrate.
- Thumpers are direct drive. The energy of the motor is sent efficiently and directly into the muscle you wish to massage. You will not feel your whole body "shaking" while using Thumper Massagers.
- Thumpers are dynamically balanced. The massage energy does not "creep" back to the handle or casing of the massager. No kickback to your hands or casing.
- Thumpers are strong. Thumpers are reliable, as well as built to last and to sustain professional use.
- Thumpers offer a deep tissue massage with no work. Typical vibrators skim over the skin surface and require added pressure to get deeper. Thumper's perpendicular "up & down" action travels into the muscle 1/4 inch deep, 28 times per second - a form of "trigger point" effect which is diminished if extra pressure is applied. Just "park" it. Thumpers do the work, not you!
- Thumpers are precision built in Canada. Developed by professionals who know and understand massage. With thirty years of massage manufacturing experience, we offer a 2 year warranty. All our units are assembled by hand and tested thoroughly before leaving our factory.
- Thumpers work well on both thick and thin muscles. Thumpers are fully adjustable to the person or body part you wish to massage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Does Thumper pinch like some other massagers?
A. No, Thumper does not pinch when used correctly. Do not press down, stroke, or dig with additional weight.
Q. Can Thumper be used with Massage Oils or Lotions?
A. Do not use oils or lotions with Thumper. The oil or lotion may chemically react with the plastic and cause deterioration.
Q. Is there any maintenance required for Thumper?
A. No. Thumper is maintenance free, constructed with permanently lubricated, sealed ball bearings. No additional lubrication is necessary.
Q. Why does the Thumper get warm?
A. Although Thumper is designed for continuous use, with extended use, it is normal for the plastic shell or housing to get warm. If the temperature does exceed normal limits, Temperature Overload Protection may activate, shutting the machine down. You will need to let it cool before continuing use.
Q. How do I clean Thumper?
A. If the external surfaces become soiled, wipe clean with a cloth dampened with a mild soap.
Q. How does Thumper compare to other massagers on the market?
A. Thumper goes after muscle tension with percussive action. Ordinary massagers exert their force in a horizontal direction and do nothing more than "rub" your skin. Thumper directs the action of its anatomically positioned massage spheres vertically-downwards into your muscles. You feel Thumper throughout your body, not just on the skin surface.
Q. Does Thumper have attachments?
A. No attachments are needed with Thumper. Its massage spheres are positioned to let you treat all areas effectively.
Q. Does Thumper Itch?
A. Because Thumper does not "rub" the skin, itching does not usually occur. Itching may occur however, under the following conditions:
- If one has poor circulation.
- If irritable material or clothing is used between Thumper and the skin (ie. Synthetic materials).
- If left in one spot too long (this is due to increased circulation).
- If the relative humidity of the atmosphere is quite low.
Q. Does Thumper 'kickback' energy/vibration to the handle?
A. Thumper has very little 'kickback' to the operator. Not like many other massagers.
Q. What can I do if I find Thumper uncomfortable on one area?
A. Thumper was designed to be strong and effective with all muscle groups. For sensitive areas, place a folded towel between Thumper and the area being massaged.
Q. Why is Thumper more expensive than other models?
A. The use of quality components, hand made units, strict quality control and built to sustain professional use are some of the reasons why Thumper is a premium price product.
Q. Why does Thumper not have the bells and whistles?
A. Thumper works and its technology is based on proven deep muscle massage techniques developed over 30 years. The bells and whistles may look like you are getting more "features" but they do not work to provide a better massage. Our investment in the product is on those components that directly improve the massage result and the quality and longevity of the product. We do not compromise with ineffective features.
Q. Who should use Thumper?
A. Anyone who:
- Stands/sits all day at their job.
- Spends a lot of time driving.
- Has new or chronic aches or pains.
- Has tension/stress.
- Plays sports/exercises frequently.
- Wants to feel good!
Q. How should I choose a massager?
A. Identify your needs. For what reasons do you need a massager? Do you have any pain? Do you need to relax? Are you going to use the unit on a regular basis? How many people will be using the unit? Are you looking to use your massager in the years to come?