Amaircare Roomaid Portable HEPA Air Purifier with Optional VOC Filter
- Foam prefilter, HEPA filter, and Carbon Inner Filter Blanket.
- Just 5W of energy consumption, plugs into 12V DC power source.
- 2-speed airflow adjustment.
- Third stage VOC filter available as a canister upgrade.
- Made in Canada & covered by a 5-year limited warranty.
- 2 Speed Control
- Compact and super light
- Optional car light adapter cord
- Optional seat belt clip
- Tested system air flow rates. 20 and 40 cfm
- 100% Sealed Air Cleaning Device
- All units are individually tested with a particle counter to ensure that every air cleaner system sold meets or exceeds the HEPA efficiency standard for particle removal.
- 24 gauge steel housing with powder coated baked enamel finish.
- 3 Stage Filter Assembly - pre-filter, HEPA filter and gas adsorption inner filter or optional gas and odor cartridge.
- 360° air intake through a perforated enclosure.
- Air exits lower level through 4 discharge areas for even, low velocity air movement.
- Super-efficient, German made CSA and UL approved motor is designed for continuous operation and run tested for 35,000 hours.
- 120 volt AC Adapter or 12 Volt DC Adapter
- Quality components and design for low noise level
- Maintenance free except for filter changes.
- Weight: 5 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years on the motor/fan and one year for all other components (except filters).
- Coverage Area 75 -150 sf
The Amaircare Difference
- Completely sealed and gasketed air cleaner system.
- Metal housing construction with baked on powder coat finish.
- Largest HEPA filter surface area for all air cleaners of comparable air flow rates. This means long filter life and low replacement costs.
- Modular filters that allow you to add or change the level of gas and odor adsorption you desire. This provides for high performance and economical operation as you only replace the filters you need when needed.
- Optional odor adsorbing cartridge is located after the HEPA filter in the air stream to prevent particle clogging and provide maximum effectiveness and long life.
- All units in the assembly process are tested three times with a particle counter instrument that measures the number of particles in the out flowing air that are 0.3 microns and larger. This ensures that every air cleaner system sold meets or exceeds the HEPA efficiency standard for particle removal.
- Amaircare designs and manufactures all components except the German made energy efficient motors. They manufacture their HEPA filters "in-house" to assure they meet high quality standards.
Portable air cleaners available to the consumer use different technologies, filter components, fan systems and construction details. These variations in design have an impact on air cleaner performance and your health and safety. 90% of all particles in the air are smaller than 0.3 microns, the level at which HEPA filter efficiencies are measured. These particles stay suspended in the air, include allergens, viruses and bacteria and can be the most troublesome, especially for persons suffering from allergies and asthma. It is very important to have a high performance air cleaner that can provide clean air in your home.
Many companies use a HEPA filter and claim to have HEPA performance. These claims are based on the theoretical efficiency of the HEPA filter material and not the clean air produced by the air cleaner. Other Air cleaners use the word HEPA in their product descriptions or "HEPA-type" filters, but the filter does not meet the industry standard definition of HEPA efficiency. Unfortunately, inferior design prevents most air cleaner systems from reaching true HEPA performance.
Amaircare air cleaners are individually tested to meet HEPA standards and beyond. This means that the complete air cleaner system will remove at least 99.97% of all particles as small as 0.3 microns (1/300th the size of a human hair or 0.000012 of an inch) that enter the air cleaner and are also 95% efficient at 0.1 microns.
Many manufacturers mislead the public about their clean air flow rate (cfm). The air delivery of many products can be over stated by 100%. The reason is that some manufacturers publish performance data on their fan motors based on a "free flow" rate. This means the maximum rate of flow possible and not in a unit with the filters installed. Air filters provide a substantial amount of air resistance and reduces the flow of any fan motor. Amaircare air cleaners provide flow rate performance data with air filters installed just as you would purchase the unit. This assures you will get the performance you expect with every Amaircare air cleaner system.
Many air cleaners start out with poor performance and rapidly decline with use. The reason is a combination of the air cleaning technology used and system design. Other HEPA type air cleaners start out with efficiency levels of 70-80%. These devices are not sealed and gasketed systems that keep the integrity of the HEPA filter performance. Many air systems that do have gaskets use foam based seals that shrink or become brittle over time. As the HEPA filter material gets loaded with particles, static pressure builds up behind the filter and it becomes harder for the air to move through the filter. As a result, air will move in the path of least resistance and will flow around the ungasketed or poorly gasketed HEPA filter to release incoming particles back into the room air.
Many filter systems may utilize electrostastic filters, electrically charged plates or a combination of ionization (charged particles) and charged filter media. As the trapped particles cover the charged filter media or plates, the electrostatic attractive force of the filter media or charged plates decreases because of the build-up of particles over them. As a result, charged particles escape these devices and cling to the walls of the room where they can build up or they may be inhaled by people and make it difficult to expel these charged particles from the lungs. These units need constant cleaning and maintenance and can release dangerous ozone into the air.
Amaircare units, with their sealed construction and high efficient filter design, maintain their efficiency over time. In fact, Amaircare units improve efficiency with time because as the HEPA filter traps particles, the openings within the filter media get smaller and therefore will trap smaller particles. The sealed system design of the Amaircare product prevents filter bypass particle escape thereby gaining filter efficiency improvement. Amaircare units are Guaranteed to provide HEPA efficiency of 99.97% removal of particles 0.3 microns and larger in the air returning into the room from the air cleaner.
How It Works
Three Stage Filtration
- First, an activated carbon mesh pre-filter traps large particle mass and helps with odors and gasses. This has the benefit of prolonging the life of the motor and filters that follow. Additionally, this filter reduces maintenance costs by having the ability to be changed separately from the other filters.
- Second, a certified HEPA filter traps ultra small particles including bacteria, viruses, allergens and sub-micron size dust.
- The final stage is an activated carbon mesh post-filter to further assist with gas and odor control. For significant gas and odor control, an optional Gas and Odor canister with activated carbon or an activated carbon and Zeolite mixture can be
The Amaircare 3 stage HEPA filtration process employs dedicated filters, specifically designed to remove different types and sizes of contaminants. The pre-filter removes larger particles and assists with gas and odor removal, the HEPA filter removes sub-micron particulates and the final filter further reduces odor and gasses.
Activated Carbon Pre-Filter is 3/16" thick, 150% carbon impregnated, non woven, fire retardant, polyester filter media. This stage screens out large particles and provides some odor and gas adsorption. This stage extends the life of the HEPA filter by trapping larger particles.
The Amaircare Air Cleaner Systems utilize true HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Arresting) filter media and each finished filter is tested for the removal of 99.97% of all particulates down to 0.3 microns in size with a laser particle counter. HEPA filters also remove particles smaller than 0.3 microns and are 95% efficient at removing particles as small as 0.1 microns. Amaircare HEPA filters are made from borosilicate fibers, feature top and bottom seals, rigid construction and exceptionally large surface area for long-life and low operation costs.
After all particulates are removed from Stage #1 and Stage #2, the final stage is dedicated to odor and gas removal through the process of adsorption. Standard model includes a 1/2" thick, non woven polyester Activated Carbon Inner Blanket that is 200% impregnated with carbon. These carbon impregnated mesh filters are larger and thicker than similar filters used by other manufacturers. Optional solid pelletized 100% Activated Carbon media drop-in cartridges are available for higher odor and gas adsorption requirements.
Energy Consumption: 41 to 84 watts (low to high speed)
Air Delivery Rates: 20 and 40 cfm (cubic feet per minute)
Maximum Coverage Area: 75 -150 square feet
Pre-Filter: 3/16" thick, non woven polyester Activated Carbon impregnated pre-filter
HEPA Filter: High capacity pleat design has 50 square feet of filter area
Pre-Filter Life: 3 to 6 months
HEPA Filter Life: 2 to 5 years
Inner Carbon Blanket Life: 6 months
Optional VOC Filter Life: 1 year
Dimensions: 8.5" wide, 7.5" high.
Safety Certification: Underwriters Laboratories (UL) and CSA
Place of Manufacture: Canada