- Identifies Bacteria in Colony Forming Units (CFU's).
- Used to sample a surface for Bacteria that may be proliferating or have settled out of the air.
- Do-It-Yourself Quick and Easy testing - no special training required.
- Includes the Bio-Vial Swab Sample Collection Device - same sampling methodology used by IAQ professionals.
- Complete Step-by-Step Instructions with Chain of Custody form.
- Lab analysis of the sample
- Lab report includes:
- Toll Free number to call with any questions on your results.
- Breakdown of Bacteria types found, amount and percentage of the total Colony Forming Units of the sample.
- Color Graphs displaying relative amounts of Bacteria types found and their relationship to normal levels
- Written explanations of each of the Bacteria types found.
- Healthy Home / Building Considerations sheet with recommendations for actions you can take that may help improve your indoor environment.
- Postage prepaid envelope for mailing your sample to the lab.
- No additional fees - all sampling, analysis and reporting costs included.
- Results in 7-10 days via email or mail after lab receives your sample.
Bacteria - part of the Biological group of contaminants that includes Pollen, Mold, Viruses and Allergens. These are unicellular microorganisms that are a few microns in length (human hair is 100 microns wide).
Sources - Bacteria are present in all living things and can be found in the air, water and soil. They are all around us. It can be carried into the home by humans, animals, plant and soil debris and the outside air.
Health Effects - Bacteria that is problematic are the pathogenic Bacteria. These are the types of Bacteria that invade the body and cause illness and disease. Examples of Bacterial causing illnesses are Meningitis, Skin, Ear and Eye Infections, Sinusitis, Upper Respiratory Infections and Pneumonia.
How It Works
The Building Health Check Bacteria Screen Test Kit is designed to collect Bacteria that settled out of the air onto a surface. This is a Do-It-Yourself test kit that requires no special training. The user performs the test and sends the test sample in a postage prepaid envelope to an accredited Laboratory for analysis. A full scan of the Bacteria Screen Test Kit with microscopic techniques provides valuable information both qualitative and quantitative on the collected specimens. Once the analysis is complete, a test report is sent to the customer in 7-10 days and provides the results relative to normal levels. A Healthy Home / Building Considerations sheet is included with recommendations on actions you can take that may help improve your indoor environment if elevated levels of pollutants are found. The Bacteria Screen Test Kit is ideal for indoor environmental investigation requiring the identification and quantification of suspected Bacteria.
Test Sampling Procedure
Step Two: Select a 3" x 3" surface area to sample. Sweep up and down slowly moving across to the right. Rotate the swab between the thumb and forefinger during the sweeping action to ensure the entire head of the swab is used. Now repeat this process sweeping from left to right, starting at the top of the area and slowly moving down.
Step Three: Place swab back into the Bio-Vial and tighten cap securely. Fill out all information requested on the Bio-Vial and Chain of Custody form.
Step Four: Place the Bio-Vial sample and Chain of Custody card in the postage prepaid envelope and mail it to the laboratory for analysis.
Chain of Custody Form
An easy to understand lab report is provided that indicates the type of Bacteria and amount of Colony Forming Units (CFU's) and the percentage of the total CFU's. A color graph displays the levels of the various Bacteria found and compares these levels to normal levels. A Healthy Home / Building Considerations sheet is included with suggestions for actions you can take that may help improve your indoor environment. A description of each Bacteria type is included.