The Healing Broom and Acupressure Stick are therapeutic instruments developed from research on ancient exercise programs and philosophies. Legend has it that Bodhidharma (known as Da Mo by Chinese), founder of the Shaolin Temple in China, taught his disciples to use a wooden board to slap all over their body as part of their daily Kung Fu regimen. The slapping helped stimulate the monks’ meridians (energy pathways), regulate their flow of “Chi” (energy) and improve their blood circulation. It also helped them recover better from their Kung Fu practice. Around the same time, the Chinese people had been using a massage slapping stick in the shape of a broom that functions to warm up blood circulation resulting in relief of aches and pains.
The Healing Broom was developed based on this traditional practice to help people achieve similar results in today’s lifestyle. A product of modern technology combined with knowledge gained from research and development, the Healing Broom and its accompanying Tooth-Shaped Rolling Magnetic Acupressure Stick (Rolling Stick) work perfectly together as a set. It was first invented in Taiwan and has evolved and benefited people for over 12 years. The Healing Broom has become a well-known exercise device in the households of the Pacific Rim.
- Massages and increases muscle flexibility.
- Delivers Acupressure, Reflexology and Magnetic therapies.
- Complete kit includes Healing Broom, Rolling Stick, instructional DVD, manual, carrying case and broom cover.
- A Holistic tool to provide overall body wellness.
- Complete workout takes only 15 to 20 minutes per day.
- Target specific problem areas in as little as 5 minutes.
- Stimulates local circulation.
- Helps relieve aches and pains.
- Relaxes tight muscles.
- Promotes muscle recovery after workouts.
- Excellent warm-up tool before physical activity.
- High quality all metal alloy construction.
- Unique design patented in the US, Japan, Taiwan.
- International award wining product.
- Penetrates deep into muscle layers and joints.
- Portable - take it anywhere.
- Shipping weight - 2.5 lbs.
- Shipping dimensions - 13.5" x 4.75" x 1.25".
- Made in the Taiwan.
How To Use
Ships with instructional DVD
User manual with step by step instructions
Example Rolling Stick Uses
Example Healing Broom Uses
After you become familiar with the directions, slap your entire body at least once a day. The whole process should take about 15 to 20 minutes.
You can also target specific areas of the body for therapeutic treatment such as for aches and pains, rehabilitation, etc. These target exercises can be performed in about 5 minutes.
Slapping Principle of the Healing Broom: Tighten up the muscles of the part of the body that you are about to slap before doing it. Breathing technique is important, inhaling and holding your breath while focusing on the movement when working specific areas. The slapping is done as you move up and down the muscle area and is repeated for each side of the body.
Acupressure Rolling Stick Principle: Use the toothed part of the rolling stick to roll over the skin and muscle areas to provide stimulation. Use the Acupressure Pin, or Rolling Stick cover end cap to provide varying degrees of focused acupressure. Use the rolling ball end for a less focused rolling application with magnetic therapy.
Important: Beginners, do not slap too hard with the healing broom. Start with a few light slaps comfortably for a few days first. Wait until the muscles get used to the slapping then increase the strength. Use the Healing Broom and the Tooth-Shaped Acupressure Rolling Stick separately. Refer to the manual and DVD to learn how to do a low-impact Total Body Workout, additional exercises for common ailments such as neck and back pains, shoulders and knee pains.
Benefits of using the Healing Broom
- Athletes and gym enthusiasts can use it as a warm-up before the sporting event or workout.
- Senior citizens can enjoy a low-impact workout.
- Martial artists can help to relieve sore and achy muscles.
- Computer/office workers can use it to ease and relieve carpel tunnel and Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI).
- Busy people who can't find time to stay in shape can enjoy a quick workout to increase heart rate and blood circulation.
- Holistic health conscious individuals who practice the philosophies of Acupressure and want to strengthen their inner body resilience.
- Increased blood circulation.
- Helps relieve aches and pains.
- Stretches and flexes muscles providing a training stimulus.
- Breathing therapy follows the ancient philosophy of Chi in which practice strengthens internal energy.
- Stimulates your body’s Acupuncture points, meridians, and reflex areas through holistic healing.
Do not use this product if you have any of the following conditions:
- Prone to bleed easily.
- Pregnant or lactating.
- Skin diseases such as rashes and open sores.
- Open wounds or new injuries (such as just after an accident and still swelling, inflammation and fractures, split, or just after surgery).
- Have a cardiac Pacemaker.
"I feel that the ultimate goal of any chiropractor is "functional restoration," or returning an injured patient to an active and productive life. Ideally, this will include elimination both the pain and the problems leading to it. The Healing Broom is an indispensable tool at achieving just these goals. The Four Stages of Injury typically describe the reaction to any musculoskeletal injury: (1) the acute stage, (2) the subacute stage, (3) the chronic stage (which, by the way, if the injury is not too severe and the treatment is appropriate, the problem area heals and the condition may never actually reach this stage), and finally (4) the remodeling stage (whereby the body attempts to return to normal structure and function). The body responds to the demands placed on it. This is called SAID or Specific Adaptation to Imposed Demand, and if the demand is sufficient the injury heals with no residual defects or problems. If the demand is not appropriate, if the injury is too severe, or if the treatment is inadequate, there may be residual or chronic deficits.
I have found the Healing Broom to be a particularly remarkable medical device in providing specific imposed demands that will therefore give predictable results in specific adaptational recovery in the latter three stages of injury; i.e., the subacute, the chronic, and the remodeling stages. This is not only just true with our in-house treatment, but it also allows us to provide the patient with an especially effective tool that allows them to play a supremely proactive role in their own recovery. Also, because this device is so eminently portable, they can use it at home, on the road, at work, on vacation, in the park, or anywhere they wish to continue promoting their goal of health and wellness. In summary, I consider the Healing Broom to be an important partner in the essential focus of all patient care, which must be the promotion of patient independence during functional restoration, as well as when full recovery is not possible in assisting patients in helping themselves proactively in the goal of chronic pain management.
Thank you Healing Broom."
Dr. Paul Giordano
"By using the Healing Broom, one can increase circulation of "Qi" (or energy) and blood, either to an area of concern or throughout the whole body. The stimulation caused by the broom and one's holding of breath and tensing of the muscles affects many levels. It causes the cells to vibrate into an excited state, thus giving more energy to the internal body. It decreases lactic acid and breaks up toxic accumulations. It will also greatly increase the amount of Qi in the area being stimulated. This in turn will release stagnation in the meridians and increase the Qi flow to the internal organs. It will also stimulate the bone marrow, thus efficiently producing red blood cells.
It is my opinion that the Healing Broom should be included in one's practice. In treatments such as arthritis, chronic fatigue, osteoporosis and poor circulation, it is a most valuable tool."
Ronald J. Williams, M.Ac., Lic.Ac
"I've been a massage therapist for twenty-six years and I have seen clients with every condition imaginable over that time. I have found that the Healing Broom is a really effective tool in so many different ways, especially working with the muscle groups of the trunk, and the lower extremities.
My best example with this tool is with people who are so sensitive in their legs that I can't even touch them. I have consistently found that the Healing Broom reduces their sensitivity, which then allows me to massage their legs manually. So what might have taken several sessions without the Healing Broom, now only takes one or two sessions with it. I would recommend the Healing Broom to anyone, even those who are just interested in maintaining good health. The beauty of it is that you don't have to be a health care professional to get the same great results with this tool!"
Ysanne Giordano, LMT NCTMB
The Healing Broom set has patents in Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong, and the United States and has won the Golden Brain Invention Award in Taiwan and Gold Medal INPEX – America’s Largest Invention Show, in Pittsburgh, PA.